Homeowners' Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program (HEMAP)
Pennsylvania Foreclosure Prevention Act 91 of 1983
HEMAP is a program to prevent mortgage foreclosure. Act 91 of 1983 requires lenders to notify their mortgagors of the Program. If the mortgagor applies within the required timeframe, no legal action should be taken until a decision is made on the application or the process becomes untimely.
On April 30, 2016, PHFA has revised the combined Act 6/Act 91 Notice ("Notice") used for the Homeowners' Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program. The Act 91 Advisory Letter below provides more detail. The Notice is now required in English and Spanish and in addition, we have made translated versions available in Cambodian/Khmer, Chinese, Russian and Vietnamese for use when lenders are aware that the customer is likely to communicate in any of those alternative languages.
- * Act 91 Advisory Letter – 4/2016
- * HEMAP Program Policy Statement – Chapter 31
- Act 91 Notice – Appendix A (effective 4/30/2016)
- Act 91 Notice – Appendix A (prior to 4/30/2016)
- Act 91 Notice – As a fillable form (effective 4/30/2016)
- Act 91 Notice – Cambodian/Khmer
- Act 91 Notice – Chinese
- Act 91 Notice – Russian
- Act 91 Notice – Vietnamese
- Appendix B – Counseling Agency Notice to Lenders
- Appendix C – Approved HEMAP Counseling Agencies
- HEMAP NOTICE: PHFA Issues Advisory About CFPB – 120 days
- Homeowner Assistance Settlement Act (Act 70 of 2012)
We have made revisions to the HEMAP Policy Statement found below. This update was published in the PA Bulletin 4/30/2016 and will be codified in PA 31.201.