PHFA respects your right to privacy and will make every effort to protect it when you visit our Web site or contact us via e-mail. Here are some things you should know about how we protect your privacy:
- When you send e-mail to phfa.org, we won’t keep or share your e-mail address with anyone outside of PHFA staff. We’ll only use your e-mail address to respond to your requests for information.
- If you sign up for one of our (e-)mailing lists, we will only send you the kinds of information you’ve requested. We won’t maintain your name on the list and will not share your e-mail address with anyone outside of PHFA, except as may be required by law.
Social Media Sites
- The purpose of PHFA's official social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Vimeo) is to provide information to the public about the services, programs, and opportunities available through PHFA. We appreciate your comments and suggestions. PHFA social media sites are public forums and any information provided in comments will be publicly available on each respective site. As such, please do not include any personal, confidential or proprietary or protected information or any personal details such as account numbers, social security numbers or any other information you do not want to be made available to the general public.
- PHFA will respond and engage with all friends, followers and watchers on our Social Media sites as long as their posts do not contain material that is threatening, pornographic, incites violence, or threatens legal action, or contain hate speech, nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence, profanity, spam, vulgarity, defamation, material promoting political positions, campaigns or services, material that is proprietary, of a personal and confidential nature or content intended to bully, intimidate, harass or threaten. Comments that violate these rules will be deleted.
- PHFA's official social media sites are to be used solely for professional and business purposes. PHFA is not responsible for the content posted by third parties. PHFA is not endorsing any product, service, vendor or business that may attempt to use our name and site for marketing, promotional or advertising purposes.
- When you visit our Web site, we collect certain information about your visit that does not identify you personally. We can tell the type of computer, browser, and Web service you are using. We also know the date and time you visit and the pages you visit. Collecting this information helps us design the site according to your needs.
- Sometimes we use "cookies" which are small amounts of text stored on your computer. We only use "session cookies" in these parts of our site where people can transact business. That means we only store the cookie on your computer during that visit. So, if you are entering information for a business transaction, you won’t lose the information if you go to another site and come back during the visit. After you turn off your computer or stop using the Internet, the cookie is erased.
- We monitor visits to the Web site to identify any attempt to tamper with the PHFA Web site.
- When you submit personal information using our Web site. For example, if you sign up for a conference online; we have systems to safeguard your private information from third parties.
- If information is required for a law enforcement investigation, any information we collect for those investigations is destroyed according to state and federal guidelines.
- Tampering with PHFA's Web site is against the law. Violators may and will be punished under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Links to Other Sites
- Our Web site has links to many other Web sites. When you go to another site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of that site. PHFA cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided there.
- Linking to a Web site does not constitute an endorsement by PHFA, or any of its employees, of the sponsors of the site, or the products presented on the site.