Alerts & Notices (Alertas y Avisos)
- Advisory: PHFA offers free online bill payment to its customers. PHFA is not associated with online bill payment services such as "doxo," which charge customers a service fee for making mortgage payments online.
- Feedback: Tell us what you think about our newly redesigned website. Take our brief survey.
PHFA believes that services for residents play a critical role in the success of affordable rental housing. No matter how that success is defined, whether in terms of resident quality of life and self-sufficiency or in the financial health of the development, services can make the difference between success and failure. That is why PHFA encourages developers, owners, and property management companies to integrate supportive services.
- Electric Shopping - A Handbook for Affordable Housing Professionals
- Energy Assistance Program
- Fair Housing and Reasonable Accommodations
- Hoarding and Housekeeping
- Resident Organizations
Quick Start Housing Resources
PHFA and the Self-Determination Housing Project's Regional Housing Coordinators have compiled information about specific social service and housing resource agencies throughout the Commonwealth. This information is designed to help you identify where to start inquiries about local service and housing related resources. The Agency does not represent that the information contains all agencies and related organizations in the service areas.
To locate resources in your area, please choose a county from the menu below.
The information provided on each resource page is updated and maintained by SDHP's Regional Housing Coordinators. Questions or concerns regarding this list should be directed to email@example.com.
Are you striving to find better, more effective ways of delivering services to residents in your housing development? Are you searching for a winning strategy or a powerful, practical method of improving residents lives? This library of Best Practices in Housing Services was compiled by PHFA's Housing Services Department with the help of service coordinators and property managers just like you. Select the link in the area of importance to you…
If you have a success story you would like to share, contact your regional Housing Services Representative. Refer to the A list of Housing Services Staff.
Access to Services
This broad category is related to improved access to services and resources through effective partnerships, creative service coordination, and transportation programs.
Examples in this category relate to improving building and unit maintenance, preventing crime, reducing rental delinquency, and reducing evictions.
Education and Employment
This category includes health promotion and exercise programs, health screenings, meals and nutrition, medical services, and safety.
- BEllefield Dwellings - Focus on Health
- Char House - Community Garden
- Inglis Apartments at Elmwood and Mission Green - University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- Marietta Senior Apartments - Band Together Exercise
- Monument Village - Heritage Farm
- Overlook Park - Nutrition Links
- William S Moorhead Tower - LIVING WELL by DESIGN Wellness Program
Examples in this category pertain to activities to engage residents, resident councils, and other resident organizing efforts.
This category consists of child care, and after school and summer programs to engage children and youth.
Multifamily Affordable Housing Conference & Training Events
Housing Services offers educational opportunities for managers and service coordinators to increase capacity to design and implement effective service programs. These trainings and forums expose staff to resources, strategies, and best practices in service-enriched housing.
Conference Materials and Handouts
- 2016 Attendance Certificate
- 2016 Multifamily Affordable Housing Conference Registration
- Brochure - 2016 Multifamily Affordable Housing Conference
- Call for Submission of Best Practices - Housing Management
- Call for Submission of Best Practices - Housing Services
- Community Partner Package
- Overnight Hotel Reservations
- RFP - Call for Sponsors and Exhibitors
- Save the Date
PHFA in partnership with California University of PA Rural Communities Institute is offering two certificate opportunities for Service Coordinators and other professionals that work in Affordable Housing. The Certificate in Elder Service Coordination (CESC) and the Certificate in Family Service Coordination (CFSC) provide affordable training opportunities for new and experienced Service Coordinators. Each certificate program consists of 20 hours of training, covering 13 core areas, beginning at PHFA's Annual Multifamily Affordable Housing Conference. The additional trainings are completed throughout the year by webinars. The Certificate programs help assure high-quality service coordination at multifamily developments in Pennsylvania. By providing a well-managed, low-cost and very convenient means of training, PHFA is able to further its goals of improving the quality of life for all residents in its developments.
Certificate In Elder Service Coordination
- Certificate in Elder Service Coordination - Flyer
- Certificate in Elder Service Coordination (June 12, 2016 deadline)
Certificate In Family Service Coordination
- Certificate in Family Service Coordination - Flyer
- Certificate in Family Service Coordination (register @MAHC in June)
Housing Services Webinar
Questions or comments regarding Housing Services videos should be directed to Alicia Spencer at 610.270.1989.
If you are unable to access the Quick Connections Newsletters or would like to obtain copies of past editions, please contact Melissa Reifsnyder at 717.780.4353.
Service Coordinator Peer Directory
Start-up Information for New Service Coordinators
- Housing Services Representative Territory Map
- How To Get Started
- Plan of Services Template
- Referral to Service Coordinator
- Resident Strengths Questionnaire for a Family Development
- Resident Strengths Questionnaire for a Senior Development
- Resident Survey Form for a Family Development
- Resident Survey Form for a Senior Development
Developing & Running a Supportive Services Program
Supportive Services Program Requirements & Reporting
Service Coordinator Forms & Resources
- Agreement for Contracted Services
- Checklist for Agreements for Contracted Services
- Confidentiality Agreement between Resident and Service Coordinator
- Consent for Release of Information
- Job Description for Service Coordinator for a Family Development
- Job Description for Service Coordinator for a Senior Development
- Refusal of Services
- Resident Intake Form for a Family Development
- Resident Intake Form for a Senior Development