You skipped to and are entering the main content
CARES Assistance for Renters and Homeowners -- Asistencia de CARES para Inquilinos y Propietarios de Viviendas
Helpful Resources for People Impacted by the Coronavirus
A list of resources follows for use by consumers and businesses impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. PHFA will expand this list over time, so please check back often.
- PHFA provides helpful Question and Answers for rental residents and property owners.
- PHFA provides helpful COVID-19 Guidance for Rental Residents Updated 10/12 during COVID-19.
- Here is a list of COVID-19 Helpful Resources for Residents that may be helpful for renters, provided by PHFA.
- Lots of helpful information for renters, landlords, and homeowners provided by the Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania. Includes information about rights and benefits for renters and homeowners, as well as a landlord toolkit.
- Resources Guide for PHFA mortgage customers but also helpful for all homeowners. Includes useful information about topics like home repairs, taxes, utilities and more.
- Foreclosure prevention information from PHFA.
- Coronavirus-related information, guidelines, and notices published by state housing finance agencies, the Trump Administration, the CDC, HUD, and other state entities.
- A Coronavirus resource page provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- A resource page addressing tenant concerns provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
RESOURCES FOR THE PUBLIC
- “Your Money: A Hub for Help During the Coronavirus Crisis,” an article by the New York Times that covers government benefits, free services and financial strategies.
- How to protect yourself financially from the impact of the coronavirus, from the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- How to access emergency food assistance during COVID-19 mitigation.
- For people in immediate need of food assistance, Feeding Pennsylvania and Hunger-Free Pennsylvania are hubs of information for where people can get assistance locally in their communities.
- People experiencing food shortages can get help by completing this brief Department of Human Services online survey.
- The state Department of Human Services has a list of open child care facilities if families working in essential jobs need to contact a new provider. It is being updated regularly.
- Resources for Pennsylvanians during the Coronavirus pandemic from the PA Department of Health.
- PA Department of Education guidance on COVID-19, including where to access free meals for children.
- If you're looking for a job, the state Department of Labor and Industry has launched a portal offering COVID-19 employment opportunities.
- For workers impacted by COVID-19, including workers compensation information, visit the Department of Labor and Industry website.
- Visit http://www.uc.pa.gov to apply for unemployment benefits.
- PA Department of Health and Human Services to apply for benefits.
- COMPASS is an online tool for Pennsylvanians to apply for many health and human service programs.
RESOURCES FOR THE SELF-EMPLOYED
- The federal CARES Act will provide unemployment benefits to the self-employed, gig workers, and other individuals who previously were not eligible for unemployment. Learn more at the Commonwealth of PA website.
RESOURCES FOR BUSINESSES
- Gov. Wolf: Economic injury disaster loans available to small businesses and non-profits facing losses related to COVID-19.
RESOURCES FOR NONPROFITS
- COVID-19 funding sources for nonprofits provided by the Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Associations.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS
- Learn more about the coronavirus in Pennsylvania; provided by the PA Department of Health.