PA Housing News Center
Public & Legal Notices
Pursuant to Act 84 of 1986 - Sunshine Act
If you are unable to access a public notice, please feel free to contact Maggie Strawser at 717.780.3845.
- 02/28 Loans available for residential sewer and septic work
- 02/21 PHFA plans financial education podcasts starting Feb. 27
- 01/27 PHFA takes PAHAF program in-house
- 01/20 Application coming soon for Housing Options Grant Program
- 01/16 PHFA starts pilot homeownership program
- 01/13 PHFA celebrating 50th anniversary in 2023
PHFA annual reports can be found under our Partners dropdown menu at the top of the page, then follow the Investor Information button.
Multifamily Rental Housing News & Notices
- 11/10 - LIHTC, PennHOMES, National HTF, and PA Housing Tax Credit Awards
- 11/02 - Housing Options Grant Program - Multifamily - Draft Guidelines and Application/Award Process
- 09/16 - Development Cost Relief Program Guidelines
- 07/18 - Amendment to PHFA 2022 Qualified Allocation Plan
- 07/18 - 2022 Low Income Housing Tax Credit/PennHOMES Applications Received
- 05/05 - 2022 List of Intents to Submit an Application for LIHTC's Received
- 04/27 - FAQ - 2022 LIHTC Round
- 03/10 - 2022 Request for Proposals - Tax Exempt Volume Cap (Board Approved)
- 03/10 - 2022 Qualified Allocation Plan for LIHTC's (Board Approved)
- 02/10 - Draft 2022 Qualified Allocation Plan for Low Income Housing Tax Credits (Board Approved)
- 10/18 - COVID-19 Q&A - Updated
- 10/14 - 2021 LIHTC, PennHOMES, and National Housing Trust Fund Awards
- 08/30 - Program Year 2020 Projects-Request for Extension of Program Yr. Deadlines including PIS Date
- 07/06 - Notice of Deadline Extension for Program Year 2020 LIHTC Developments
- 05/12 - Notice of Intent to Submit an Application - National Housing Trust Fund
- 03/15 - 2021 Low Income Housing Tax Credit/PennHOMES Applications Received
- COVID-19 Multifamily Relief Request Process - Updated 04/17
- COVID-19 Helpful Resources for Residents
- COVID-19 Guidance for Rental Residents Updated 10/12
- COVID-19 Guidance for Allocations of Low Income Housing Tax Credits pursuant to Rev. Proc. 2014-49
- 12/23 - 2021 Competitive Funding Round Update
- 12/17 - 2021 List of Intents to Submit an Application for LIHTC's Received
- 11/12 - 2021 Qualified Allocation Plan for LIHTCs (Board Approved)
- 10/19 - Program Year 2019 Projects - Requests for Extension of Placed in Service Date
- 10/07 - Draft 2021 Allocation Plan for Low Income Housing Tax Credits (Board Approved)
- 10/07 - 2021 Request for Proposals - Tax Exempt Volume Cap (Board Approved)
- 08/13 - 2020 LIHTC, PennHOMES, and National Housing Trust Fund Awards
- 11/15 - 2020 Low Income Housing Tax Credit / PennHOMES Applications Received
- 09/13 - 2020 List of Intents to Submit an Application for LIHTCs Received
- 08/16 - Notice of Public Hearing - Second Amendment to 2019-2020 Allocation Plan - August 28, 2019
- 07/26 - Notice of Availability of Funding - LIHTC and PHFA Loan Programs
- 07/11 - 2020 Request for Proposals - Tax Exempt Volume Cap (Board Approved)
- 07/11 - 2019 Low Income Housing Tax Credit and PennHOMES Awards
- 06/20 - Amendment to PHFA 2019/2020 Qualified Allocation Plan (Board Approved)
- 11/16 - 2019 Low Income Housing Tax Credit / PennHOMES Applications Received
- 10/04 - 2019 Pre-Application Meeting Questions and Answers
- 09/07 - 2019 List of Intents to Submit an Application for LIHTCs Received
- 07/13 - Draft 2019 Qualified Allocation Plan for Low Income Housing Tax Credits (Board Approved)
- 07/12 - 2019/2020 Qualified Allocation Plan for LIHTC (Governor Approved)
- 07/12 - 2019 Request for Proposals - Tax Exempt Volume Cap (Board Approved)
- 06/13 - Income Averaging Interim Guidance - June 2018 (NEW)
- 04/12 - Preliminary Determination of Eligibility - 2018 LIHTC Developments
- 03/08 - Notice of Public Hearing 2019 LIHTC Allocation Plan - 04/05/2019
Procurement Opportunities (RFP/RFQ)
PHFA has numerous opportunities for vendors to provide products and services to the Agency throughout the year. If you have any questions, please contact our Procurement Office, 211 N Front Street, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17101
Vendor Registration and Bid Opportunities
IMPORTANT CHANGE EFFECTIVE 9/1/2022
In the spirit of continuous improvement, the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) has partnered with bidnet direct to publish our solicitations as part of the Pennsylvania Purchasing Group. This procurement platform that now includes PHFA will streamline the purchasing process for vendors and the agency. All companies interested in being a business partner with PHFA should register as soon as possible to begin getting information about business opportunities and access to upcoming solicitations. Learn more on the Pennsylvania Purchasing Group webpage.
09/01 PHFA streamlines its procurement process
For all PHFA solicitations it is proposed that, if a contract is entered into as a result of successful negotiations, the selected supplier will be required to sign a standard Commonwealth of Pennsylvania contract. This agreement will contain the provisions shown in the template.
The supplier's willingness to accept these Terms and Conditions shall be an affirmative factor in the evaluation of the Supplier's proposal.
Sole Source Contracts
Pennsylvania state law requires requests to award a sole source contract be posted for seven calendar days to allow for public comment prior to approval. All active PHFA requests for sole source contracts currently awaiting approval will be posted here. Send us your public comment.
Request for Proposals (RFP)
- RFP for Advice and Recommendations regarding Municipal Securities (Jan 2023)
- RFP for Consumer Debt Collection Counsel
Our press kit is intended for people researching affordable housing in Pennsylvania or reporters doing news stories about PHFA and our various housing programs. We’ve tried to anticipate your needs, and we’ve worked to provide information that is concise yet gives a full picture of the agency, our mission, and our housing initiatives. We hope you find it to be useful.
Reporters with questions about PHFA programs and housing issues in general may contact Scott Elliott, PHFA's Director of Communications, at 717.780.3916 during normal business hours.
For stories on deadline or during evenings and weekends, please call Scott's cell at 717.649.6522.
High resolution photographs related to the agency's work, and some portraits of our executive director, are posted on our Flickr page. We invite reporters to download these photos for use with their stories. All PHFA customers shown in our photos have signed photo release forms, and PHFA owns the rights to all the photos available on Flickr. We will occasionally be adding to these photographs, so please check back periodically to see new photos. Thank you.
For the photo credit, simply acknowledge that the photograph was provided courtesy of the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency, please.
Housing Policy News
In addition to the fellowship news below, application details and additional information including fellow bios and projects can be found on the Kathy A. Possinger Housing Policy Fellowship webpage.