- Board Meeting Notice: The next board meeting will be held Thursday, December 8th at 10:15 am. Registration can be found under Public Meeting Notice.
EAH Assistance Loan is available with a PHFA Home Purchase Loan
Employer Assisted Housing (EAH) Initiative
The Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency is pleased to offer an Employer Assisted Housing (EAH) Initiative to help address the issues regarding the lack of affordable housing for low- to moderate-income workers. Throughout the country and certainly throughout Pennsylvania, homeownership is beyond the reach of core community employees, medical personnel, school employees, police and fire personnel, county workers, laborers, service industry staff, etc.
Participating employers who offer a monetary home purchase benefit to their staff, partner with PHFA to stretch their employees' home buying dollars even further. Although the employers' benefits do not have to be contingent on a PHFA mortgage, if the employee is approved for a PHFA mortgage, through a participating lender, the borrower will receive additional financial advantages, at no cost to the employer! An Employer Assisted Housing program benefits everyone; the employee, the employer and the local communities.
Stretch your home buying dollars even further with EAH!!
Homebuyers working for a Participating EAH Employer can receive a Keystone Advantage Assistance Loan of up to $8,000 for downpayment and/or closing cost assistance in the form of an interest free loan amortized over 10 years. Employees must meet the eligibility requirements for the Advantage Program to qualify. Assistance under the Program is limited to the lesser of 4% or $6,000 to non EAH borrowers.
Combining the Employers benefit with a PHFA mortgage will reap even more benefits for the employee. All PHFA loans have the following advantages:
- Competitive rates and fees
- Free homebuyer counseling
- Downpayment and closing cost assistance loans are available
- 30 year, fixed-rate terms
- Mortgage loans for new or existing homes
- Conventional, FHA, VA, and RD loans
- Funds are available year round
- Refinance loan programs are available