Multifamily Affordable Housing Conference & Training Events
Housing Services offers educational opportunities for managers and service coordinators to increase capacity to design and implement effective service programs. These trainings and forums expose staff to resources, strategies, and best practices in service-enriched housing.
Conference Materials and Handouts
2019 Conference: Breakout Sessions
- Session #04 - Becoming Unoffendable
- Session #08 - Trauma-Informed Care
- Session #09 - Setting the Tone
- Session #09 - Smooth Sailing
- Session #10 - Fair Housing - It's the Law, Not Just an Idea
- Session #10 - Privately Owned Subsidized Housing - Is There a Difference in Obtaining a Remedy?
- Session #10 - Violence Against Women Act
- Session #12 - Gambling Disorder
- Session #15 - Ageism
- Session #18 and #26 - Advanced LIHTC
- Session #19 - Going the Distance Part I
- Session #21 - The Power of Networking
- Session #22 - Cultural Competence
- Session #24 - Social Isolation
- Session #27 - Going the Distance Part II
- Session #30 - Inclusive Services for LGBT Older Adults
- Session #31 - Health Care for Homeless Veterans
- Session #33 - Race to the MOR Finish Line!
- Session #34 - HOME and LIHTC Critical Issues
- Session #35 - Fair Housing Fundamentals
- Session #42 - Acquisition and Rehab
- Session #47 - Retreat Premier Addiction Treatment
- Session #50 - VAWA Emergency Transfer Plan
- Session #52 - Compassionate Leadership
- Session #53 - SC and Liability
PHFA in partnership with California University of PA Rural Communities Institute is offering two certificate opportunities for Service Coordinators and other professionals that work in Affordable Housing. The Certificate in Elder Service Coordination (CESC) and the Certificate in Family Service Coordination (CFSC) provide affordable training opportunities for new and experienced Service Coordinators. Each certificate program consists of 20 hours of training, covering 13 core areas, beginning at PHFA's Annual Multifamily Affordable Housing Conference. The additional trainings are completed throughout the year by webinars. The Certificate programs help assure high-quality service coordination at multifamily developments in Pennsylvania. By providing a well-managed, low-cost and very convenient means of training, PHFA is able to further its goals of improving the quality of life for all residents in its developments.
- No Files to Display