Multifamily Affordable Housing Conference & Training Events
Housing Services offers educational opportunities for managers and service coordinators to increase capacity to design and implement effective service programs. These trainings and forums expose staff to resources, strategies, and best practices in service-enriched housing.
Conference Materials and Handouts
- Session 01 - Understanding Dementia
- Session 03 - Adult Protective Services
- Session 14 - Sensitivity Awareness
- Session 17 - Verbal Judo
- Session 29 - Dynamic Duos: Property Managers and Service Coordinators
- Session 31 - Understanding the HOME Program
- Session 37 - Asset Verification
- Session 38 - Communicating Effectively
- Session 40 - Service Coordination and Liability
- Session 42 - Uplifting Life and Community at the Same Time
- Sessions 04 and 10 - Fair Housing Fundamentals
- Sessions 18 and 25 - Issues Relating to Acquisition and Rehabilitation of LIHTC Properties
PHFA in partnership with California University of PA Rural Communities Institute is offering two certificate opportunities for Service Coordinators and other professionals that work in Affordable Housing. The Certificate in Elder Service Coordination (CESC) and the Certificate in Family Service Coordination (CFSC) provide affordable training opportunities for new and experienced Service Coordinators. Each certificate program consists of 20 hours of training, covering 13 core areas, beginning at PHFA's Annual Multifamily Affordable Housing Conference. The additional trainings are completed throughout the year by webinars. The Certificate programs help assure high-quality service coordination at multifamily developments in Pennsylvania. By providing a well-managed, low-cost and very convenient means of training, PHFA is able to further its goals of improving the quality of life for all residents in its developments.