Multifamily Housing Application Package and Guidelines
PHFA has developed a single application for both its Loan and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Programs. It is important that an Applicant reads and understands how these guidelines and exhibits impact their application.
The Agency will underwrite the development based upon amounts set forth in the syndicator's letter and may establish minimum gross equity pay-in standards during processing. Applicants will be notified regarding any equity adjustments during processing.
Multifamily Program Guidelines and General Requirements
Multifamily Application and Instructions
The Multifamily Housing Application is the “form” portion of the application that is used for all rental housing programs. The application must be completed in its entirety and additional schedules, lists, or attachments may be provided, as required.
All applications are required to be submitted with attachments or supporting documentation. These requirements are explained in the Multifamily Housing Application Instructions. Please note that for 2018, the Agency requires only one hard copy and an electronic submission of the application. Any material deficiency in the application, particularly the omission of documentation relating to the site, a market study/needs assessment, and verification of funding sources may result in the immediate rejection of the application. Furthermore, the final ranking score, as determined by the Agency, is based only upon the information contained in the initial application.
- 00 - Cover Page
- 01 - Application Instructions
- 02 - Qualified Census Tracts & Difficult to Develop Area
- 03 - Participating and Non-Participating Jurisdictions
- 04 - Maximum PennHOMES Loan Limits
- 05A - Rent and Income Limits
- 05B - Rent and Income Limit Chart - with PennHOMES Funding
- 05C - Rent and Income Limit Chart - Tax Credit Only
- 05D - Housing Trust Fund Income Limits
- 05E - Housing Trust Fund Rent Limits
- 06 - Agency Fee Schedule
- 07 - Development Cost Limits
Fillable Submission Documents
Additional Submission Requirements
Tax Credit Applications
Supportive Housing Applications
Tax Exempt Volume Cap Applications
- 01 - DCED Historic Property Review Process
- 02 - Passive House Slide Presentation
- 05a - Application Modification Request Checklist
- 05b - Submission Requirements for Processing Modification Requests